Thursday, July 31, 2008

No News is Good News

So I didn't really do anything today... no catalogs, no applications, no Facebook business... I basically ignored all the e-mails. Emily said before she's worried I'm going to burn out, which I suppose is true. I just wanted to get as much out of the way as possible for First Week, and out of the way so I can slow down in the Fall a little, but I kind of feel like right now I have a good sized helping on my plate, really just waiting to hear back about Campus Q and seeing what all it entails... assuming I get the position. After I feel comfortable with Rainbow and Campus Q, I'll look at HRC and other local orgs and see if I want to take on more.

I'll be honest though, at first I was really mad when she voiced her concerns... well more hurt really. I took it as if to say that I couldn't handle it, and there were some other things that played in that I just won't talk about, because it really amounts to an emotional reaction, which wasn't the most mature. I'm still a little bothered by the whole thing, but I'm just going to move forward and deal with things as they come... for now I'm just going to slow down and wait for other people to catch up, and the things I'm doing for me I'll just keep to myself. Not as in secret, I mean more like not bring other people into it. I might just be more into these things than others, or maybe just want to commit more of myself to it than others. I would really love to do this kind of stuff for a career, because I would be so proud to tell people "This is what I do." For now though, I'm just going to go day to day and see where all this stuff takes me... which is funny, because as much as I complained about Campus Pride at first (see "too much kumbaya shit" a couple posts back) I don't think I would be on this track without it. I'm so excited to see what Creating Change has to offer though, it sounds like a very business-oriented conference, and I can't wait to see that side... and hopefully some old Campus Pride buddies will be there.

Anyway, I'm going to go and throw myself a concert and veg out on the internet like a regular 22 year old. Later blog!

No comments: